Friday, December 29, 2006

The streets of Melbourne

On my new ride to work I've discovered yet another charming thing about Melbourne - there are plenty of cobblestone backstreets tucked away in the most unlikely places. My route through Flemington takes me over several short stretches of cobblestones and once I started looking I have found plenty more. (I've recovered from my stack, mostly.)

There's enough in fact that Melbourne's fixed gear buffs ran a race over assorted bits of it back in July. Shame I missed the Melburn-Roobaix. Maybe this year.

Two days to go for the year and I'm 120km short of 6,500km and two and a half hours short of 300 hours in the saddle. I'm hoping for good weather on the weekend, they're milestones too temptingly close to pass up.

6,386km so far this year.

No comments: