Monday, June 26, 2006

Another lovely ride at the weekend - the See Sea Rider Audax, all on shared paths from Box Hill to Altona and back. A lovely group of people and a moderate pace so we all stuck together. The weather was reasonable too, with no wind worth mentioning.

Riding on the shared paths keeps the average speed down somewhat, meaning the 110km took us around 5 hours and 30 minutes, an average of just over 20km/h. As always the Surly was comfortable and got me there and back safely, even attracting the odd admiring comment. Lots of breaks for coffee and even an ice cream at Williamstown on the way back.

Feeling chuffed about my seventh audax ride for the season, although one of the other riders mentioned it was her 16th century ride in six months. So well done to her as well.

2,900km for the year so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was great day out David. And the weather was pretty good on Sunday too. I really wanted to join that ride but wasn't able to make it - and now I'm sorry I missed it!

David Killick said...

Wow! My first comment. Someone found me! Welcome Treadly, and thanks.